[sawr, sohr] Show IPA adjective,sor·er, sor·est,noun, adverb
- physically painful or sensitive, as a wound, hurt, or diseased part: a sore arm
- suffering bodily pain from wounds, bruises, etc., as a person: He is sore because of all that exercise
- suffering mental pain; grieved, distressed, or sorrowful: to be sore at heart
- causing great mental pain, distress, or sorrow: a sore bereavement
- causing very great suffering, misery, hardship, etc.: sore need
- Informal. annoyed; irritated; offended; angered: He was sore because he had to wait
- causing annoyance or irritation: a sore subject
bef. 900; ME (adj., n., and adv.); OE sār; c. D zeer, G sehr, ON sārr
1. tender. 3. aggrieved, hurt, pained, vexed. 4. grievous, distressing, painful, depressing. 8. infection, abscess, ulcer, wound.
(sore definition from www.dictionary.com)
AND i’m loving it! another tough workout today, these max workouts are definitely maxing me out!
inspirational thought of the day:
“It isn’t hard to be good from time to time in sports. What’s tough is being good every day.”
– Willie Mays